directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All projects folder in svn
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:14:48 GMT
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny
<elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> On 1/19/11 9:09 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> Exactly! The idea is to remove this and have a single one. I don't care if
>> it's:
>>
>> (1) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunk
>> (2) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks
>> (3) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/all-trunks
>> (4) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/all
>>
>> I just wanted to inform y'all about it or agree upon it together and
>> set it up. I could just set it up and we can change it if need be.
>> Then we can all check out from here to have all the trunk projects in
>> scope. Another question might be why do we need to do this all of a
>> sudden?
>
> It doesn't matter too much. At this point, it will provide a single point
> where to get all the sources from, and this is good.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks sounds OK.

OK I created this one so we can get started on the refactoring
tomorrow. However there's one issue that perhaps Pierre might lend a
hand with.

I noties that studio/libraries/shared exists as an external link. I'm
wondering how the studio build can cope with getting rid of this so we
might just have shared at the top level as a peer folder of studio?

Thoughts?

>> The idea is svn log, logs everything. It might be nice not to see a
>> lot of log messages and save some bandwidth by just listing your
>> deleted branch when done with it into this file.
>
> I know. The file has been updated last year, but I was the only one to do
> so. I'm pretty sure that it will be the same in the future, and even me, I'm
> quite sure I'll forgot to add the branches I delete :)

Yeah I hear ya - I'm going to follow this convention myself and you
will not be the only one. If it does not work out no big deal we can
just delete the file and abandon if you like.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org