directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS with an HBase partition
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:29:45 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen the following information on the wiki:
>    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase

Do you mean this?
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/HBase+Prototype
It describes the HBase schema.

> But no pointer to any code ?
> Any idea if that's somewhere in svn and if it's usable?

Alex already pointed you to the code:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/seelmann/

Additional there are integration tests:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/seelmann/hbase-partition-test/

I updated the code back in November where is worked fine with ApacheDS
trunk and HBase 0.89. I guess since then things changed, so I'm not
sure if it still works today. In November most of the ApacheDS
integration test worked, what didn't work were tests that stop and
restart the server during the tests.

I see three major steps to make is useable:
- The XDBM partition design needs some more cleanup. Also package
org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.hbase.xdbmext contains
modified XDBM classes, I have to check if these modifications can be
merged back into main XDBM code.
- The config and schema partition of ApacheDS are currently backed by
LDIF files. I want to find a way to make them more configurable so
that also config and schema can be stored in HBase.
- Currently it is only possible to configure the HBase partition via
Java code. We need to define additional schema elements to be able to
define an HBase partition via the configuration.

If you are interested in working on these please let me know :-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan