directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [Codec] Refactoring status
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 04:54:58 GMT
Although I was going to apply the encoding decorator pattern last
(STEP 5 in previous status) I started discussing the approach with
Emmanuel last night and that kicked off the step ahead of the others.
And it's not so bad to do this first.

Now I have a few issues. First I am running out of time, need to crash
but could not fix two failing test cases:

Failed tests:
  testDecodeDelResponseSuccessWithControls(org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.del.DelResponseTest)
  testDecodeDelResponseSuccess(org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.del.DelResponseTest)

This regression appeared after creation and check in of the
LdapResultDecorator. Emmanuel if you could take a look at this for me
tomorrow morning this would be great.

Now the other bigger issue. There's no way I could finish the
SearchRequestImpl decoupling. I created the decoder and applied it. It
seems to be working just fine but the problem is SearchRequestImpl has
several codec dependencies. Seems there's a whole Filter subsystem for
the codec doing what the ExprNode does for LDAP filter creation in the
model. I'm hoping Emmanuel you can lend a hand here since you're most
familiar with this code.

If we can get this knocked out then I think we can bud ldap-model out
right after into it's own maven module as an OSGi bundle.

Thanks,
--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org