directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [shared] Refactoring: Stage I
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:26:00 GMT
In the first stage, I'm going to refactor low hanging fruite with some
simple changes like moving classes and methods around into some
packages/classes and creating a new module shared-util for only those
classes that are non-ldap utilities.

This will help me break up some dependencies to then move onto the
next step of separating out ASN.1 from shared to hide some BER
decoding implementation details there. I'll explain why and how when
we get to that point.

FYI IDEA 10 has some really nice dependency analysis tools that I
recommend using for quickly seeing these interdependencies which make
interfaces pull in implementation details. I highly recommend using
it.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org