directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Shared bundles update
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:26:48 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Btw, I'm hi-jacking this thread to ask if you would consider using Karaf as
> your base container or if you plan to keep a non OSGi based container as the
> default platform ?  I'd be glad to help if you want to embed Karaf ... ;-)

+1 on Karaf use. I'd like to push to go totally OSGi because of the benefits.

Perhaps the biggest impact will be to our installers for all
platforms. Maybe this is something we can shared and integrate back
into Karaf it there is some benefit so all Karaf based applications
can benefit from it.

Would love your help. Let me ping you after we make some more headway
on the OSGi side with all ApacheDS modules. We first have a round of
refactoring to take care of.

Thanks for the assistance Guillaume.

Alex

--