directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3 and site generation
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:09:55 GMT
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> our projects build well will Maven 3. An exception is the site
> generation which doesn't work with Maven 3 because support for
> <reporting> was removed. Instead a new version of the
> maven-site-plugin must be used, [1] shows the migration path.
>
> I'd like to add support for Maven 3 site generation by adding the
> required bits. The build and site generation for Maven 2 should not be
> affected and will continue to work. Later, when we drop support for M2
> we can remove the <reporting> sections from POMs.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin-3.0-beta-3/maven-3.html

You think it might be too aggressive to just push for M3 and not have
to deal with M2 at all?

Not trying to jack the thread but in the same thought I was also
thinking of dropping JDK 1.5 support and going with 1.6 now that 1.7
is here. 6 is so stable and faster.

I think in general we should think about these points before our first
milestone release - perhaps in a separate thread?

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org