directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [OSGi] Shared bundles update
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 11:53:26 GMT
STATUS:
------------

The following modules have been converted into bundles:

    o i18n
    o ldap
    o ldap-client-api
    o dsml-parser
    o dsml-engine

I will not bother with the following modules for reasons that should
seem apparent:

    o all
    o integ

The following modules still need to be made into bundles:

    o ldap-schema

ISSUES:
-----------

There seems to be some issues with the default operation of the
maven-bundle-plugin where the schema file names are causing the plugin
to barf. Here's something I had posted a couple years ago about the
matter on felix-dev which seems still to be the case [0].

Note the ldap-schema packages together schema LDIF files into the Jar.
This is extracted out by a LdifExtractor class. The maven antrun
plugin is used to build index files as well and the default jar
archiver is used.

This however probably can be solved by just generating the OSGi
manifest with the bundle plugin and letting the current process using
the jar archiver run without overwriting the manifest file.

I'll play around with this.

GOING FORWARD:
--------------------------

I guess we can start using the converted bundles in the studio build
as direct dependencies. Also Pierre/Stefan could y'all update me on
the steps we needed in the studio build to use the direct bundle
dependency? That way I can update studio's build myself to use the
ldap-schema bundle once it is complete. I also want to understand what
steps are needed to change studio's build when we break out new
bundles from inside shared-ldap.

--
[0] -- http://goo.gl/5WT5i

Thanks,