directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shared] Refactoring: Stage I
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:03:32 GMT
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/19/11 11:26 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>> In the first stage, I'm going to refactor low hanging fruite with some
>> simple changes like moving classes and methods around into some
>> packages/classes and creating a new module shared-util for only those
>> classes that are non-ldap utilities.
>
> There are a few classes that can be deleted I think ( DER classes). i'll
> check that?

Yeah I deleted them in me branch.

>> This will help me break up some dependencies to then move onto the
>> next step of separating out ASN.1 from shared to hide some BER
>> decoding implementation details there. I'll explain why and how when
>> we get to that point.
>
> Go for it.I think we are ready.

OK cool just have an issue with the studio build that I need Pierre to
take a quick look into for me.

>> FYI IDEA 10 has some really nice dependency analysis tools that I
>> recommend using for quickly seeing these interdependencies which make
>> interfaces pull in implementation details. I highly recommend using
>> it.
>
> I'll install idea 10 then ! What tools are you using ?

There's a dependency analyzer and a dependency matrix tool that is
handy but for now just use the dep analyzer. The matrix will be a mess
right now.

I gotta figure out how all this IDEA stuff will take to now studio
being involved. I hope what Pierre saw to succeed in eclipse with the
new direct bundle deps works in IDEA or these tools mean nothing.

Will test this tomorrow.

Cheers,
--
Alex Karasulu