directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject [ASN.1] Thoughts about ASN.1 code
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 06:56:40 GMT
Quick brain dump as I was refactoring yesterday.

ASN1 API => shared-asn1-api
   o some stuff old and useless, needs cleanup: i.e.
stateful/stateless codec remnants
   o some per class, per interface review and cleanup needed
   o is it worth making some parts swappable? don't think so but might
be worth a check

ASN1 BER => shared-asn1-ber
   o again has some old remnant code that needs cleanup
   o some interfaces are here that can be exposed as SPI
   o some stuff seems reusable regarding of encoding used like Value etc
   o need to check dependencies, how much are we exposing and using
from outside how much can we actually hide here
   o BER/DER/CER flag for changing mode of operation?

Alex Karasulu
My Blog ::
Apache Directory Server ::
Apache MINA ::