directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All projects folder in svn
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:39:38 GMT
On Wednesday, January 19, 2011, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/19/11 3:21 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
> I guess we're going with a area where all dependencies are linked via
> svn:externals at the top level instead of reproducing this structure
> in each project: I.e. In studio area and apacheds areas. Here's what I
> am thinking:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks
>
> Notice the ending 's' in trunks. This svn folder I propose we link to
> all the trunks of directory projects. The link is short, easy to
> remember and makes sense. We check this out to pull down all project
> trunks together to build all and load all into the IDE in one shot.
>

> Does that mean I'll download Apacheds *and* studio ?

Yes if u co from here but as you say below if u just want apacheds
just check out from the usual place.

> I guess I can still work on Apacheds alone by downloading https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies...

Yep

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/branches
>
> Here we keep other branch specific svn:externals folders that
> reference project branches in their respective areas under svn. We can
> use a convention like<branch-name>-with-dependencies for such link
> folders on branches. This may however be redundant, so maybe we can
> just use the<branch-name>  by itself. It's already understood to be a
> "link folder" because of it's location. WDYT?
>
> I'm wondering if we should not create a meta-project for apacheds. It's a bit painfull
to have to co trunk-wih-dependencies :/

What is a meta-project?

> We should also require a branch log file in this branches folder to
> chronicle what we've creates and deleted over time an why. Subversion
> log will show this too so this may also be redundant but it's nice to
> just see this info via http without having to run svn log or sift
> through changes. WDYT?
>
> Well, I'd rather depend on svn logs. They will be up to date, all the time :)

This was something done before to know what was deleted. It helps a
bit as an index in case you want to get back something u delete but
cannot remember the name.

-Alex

--
Alex Karasulu