directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Shared bundles update
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:39:56 GMT
Hi Alex,

Thanks for converting the modules into bundles.

I took some extra steps [1] [2] (the same ones as for the i18n modules) to make the bundle
fully compatible with Studio's build:
- Generation of the MANIFEST.MF file in a top level META-INF folder (ignored by SVN)
- Usage of ${project.property} instead of ${pom.property} for Maven 3 compliance
- Removal of Bundle-Version directive which is inherited automatically from the project version
- Usage of ${project.name} as Bundle-Name (instead of ${project.artifactId})

After fixing an issue with a wrong version used in Studio for Commons Lang (2.3 instead of
2.5) I was able to replace Studio's libraries plugins of Shared by the OSGI-fied Shared dependencies
within Eclipse.
Studio seems to work like a charm. :)

I think we should also turn the 'all' module as a bundle. It's pretty easy and doesn't harm
to do it.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1059824&view=rev