directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Build cleaned for Maven 3
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:33:06 GMT

On 14 janv. 2011, at 10:29, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 1/14/11 10:11 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi Dev,
>>
>> Just to let you know that I cleaned the pom.xml files from Studio's build, solving
a lot of warnings generated by Maven 3.
>> Mainly {groupId} found instead of {project.groupId} (and other similar patterns),
as well as duplicated dependencies and missing plugin versions.

> Great job !
>> There are still remaining warnings related to the use of expressions in the version
tag.

>> For example:
>>> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
org.apache.directory.studio:org.xpp3.xpp3:jar:1.1.340
>>> [WARNING] 'version' contains an expression but should be a constant. @ org.apache.directory.studio:org.xpp3.xpp3:${org.xpp3.validversion},
/Users/pajbam/Development/Apache/Studio/libraries/org.xpp3.xpp3/pom.xml, line 30, column 12

>> But as this open JIRA [1], I consider these warning as being false positive and thus
a Maven bug.
>> I see no reason why an expression should not be used in a version tag.
>> This will probably be addressed in a future release.
> have you tried with Maven 3.0.2 ?

I wanted to but the Maven site was down (as well as all Apache sites, including Directory)
this morning.
It seems up again now, I'm going to install the update.