directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trunk instability
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:06:17 GMT
On 1/29/11 3:31 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> In the last days it happened that the trunk didn't build. Last night
> and right now shared even doesn't compile. I really appreciate the
> activities that happen to restructure the code. I also understand that
> working on trunk is easier than branch and merge, I fully support
> that. But for less-active people like me it is annoying, e.g. when I
> want to spend two hours to work on the M3 build. So my question is how
> long it will take till the trunk becomes more stable again? Isn't it
> possible to ensure that the trunk compiles at least?
Yeah, sorry, there is no excuse for that.

Trunk was pretty much stable (well, it was compiling at least) those
last days, but yesterday we made a mistake thinking that we would have
enough energy to fix it in the evening.

That was a bad move, thank for pointing it.

We are now busting our back to get trunk building again...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,