directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3.0 plugin dependencies
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:00:53 GMT
On 01/27/2011 03:49 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> On 27 janv. 2011, at 15:46, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi again.
>>>
>>> I agree that it does not make a lot of sense to move deps into trunks.
>>>
>>> We may want to release a new version of the 'project' project with all the
>>> changes done those last days.
>>
>> Another idea: we can also use the 'project' SNAPSHOT till we release
>> one of the big projects. WDYT?
>
> + 1
>
> AFAIR, that's what we used to be doing before.

The problem about SNAPSHOT dependencies is, that there's no garantee,
that they exists when they are used:

- Imagine the snapshot repository deletes all snapshots older than X
days. So it's very probably that a snapshot isn't available anymore
after X days if no svn commit force any CI to deploy a newer snapshot.
Hence the TLP pom.xml snapshot isn't online available anywhere. How to
expalin this to a new user/developer who just did a checkout of the
shared module and wants to build it?

Regards
Felix