directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven 3 and site generation
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:47:19 GMT

>>> Good point.
>>>
>>> It was a weakness of the M2 reporting configuration that it wasn't
>>> inheritable. I hope(d) that would be fixed in M3, but we can just test
>>> it.
>>
>> Up to now I wasn't successfull. All I got was an error like
>> "failed to get Reports: Could not find goal 'cim' in plugin" ...
>
> This http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-484 help a bit. Let's do some
> more testing ...

IMO it's less complicated and less painfull when dropping the
maven-site-plugin configuration from the project/pom.xml (parent) and
fully configure it in each subproject's own pom.xml
(studio/shared/apacheds/...).

Using workarounds (like MSITE-484) will not really make things more
stable and understandable. The KISS principle will make it also easier
to understand the plugin configuration.

Regards
Felix