directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [Codec] Refactoring status
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:11:39 GMT
On 1/25/11 5:54 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Although I was going to apply the encoding decorator pattern last
> (STEP 5 in previous status) I started discussing the approach with
> Emmanuel last night and that kicked off the step ahead of the others.
> And it's not so bad to do this first.
> Now I have a few issues. First I am running out of time, need to crash
> but could not fix two failing test cases:
> Failed tests:
>    testDecodeDelResponseSuccessWithControls(
>    testDecodeDelResponseSuccess(
> This regression appeared after creation and check in of the
> LdapResultDecorator. Emmanuel if you could take a look at this for me
> tomorrow morning this would be great.

Sure will do.
> Now the other bigger issue. There's no way I could finish the
> SearchRequestImpl decoupling. I created the decoder and applied it. It
> seems to be working just fine but the problem is SearchRequestImpl has
> several codec dependencies. Seems there's a whole Filter subsystem for
> the codec doing what the ExprNode does for LDAP filter creation in the
> model. I'm hoping Emmanuel you can lend a hand here since you're most
> familiar with this code.

Will check that this morning.
> If we can get this knocked out then I think we can bud ldap-model out
> right after into it's own maven module as an OSGi bundle.
Great ! We are really moving in the right direction. The good job you 
have done so far is the completion of something we started last 
september, and it's a good thing you just started it again with a fresh 
mind, Alex. Thank you for that !

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message