directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 3 and site generation
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:23:33 GMT
On 1/24/11 11:09 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> our projects build well will Maven 3. An exception is the site
>> generation which doesn't work with Maven 3 because support for
>> <reporting>  was removed. Instead a new version of the
>> maven-site-plugin must be used, [1] shows the migration path.
>>
>> I'd like to add support for Maven 3 site generation by adding the
>> required bits. The build and site generation for Maven 2 should not be
>> affected and will continue to work. Later, when we drop support for M2
>> we can remove the<reporting>  sections from POMs.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Stefan
>>
>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin-3.0-beta-3/maven-3.html
>>
> You think it might be too aggressive to just push for M3 and not have
> to deal with M2 at all?
It does not impact our users if we switch to M3.
> Not trying to jack the thread but in the same thought I was also
> thinking of dropping JDK 1.5 support and going with 1.6 now that 1.7
> is here. 6 is so stable and faster.
1.5 is *still* in use heavily in the industry. I even have some client
depending on 1.4 (I feel for them :).

Right now, keeping a Java 5 compliance is not really a big deal, there
are very little things we miss (like array copy or such things).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,