directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do Lucene developers use FindBugs?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:45:04 GMT
Hi Cesar

> I am a PhD student at UFMG, Brazil and as part of my research I am
> making a study  about the relevance of the warnings reported by the
> FindBugs bug finding tool.
>
> Since I am planning to use Directory as a subject system in my research,
> I would like to know if Directory's developers usually run FindBugs as
>
> part of the system  development process.

Yes, we do. You'll find the FindBugs reports [1] among other reports
generated during CI builds.

So it can be said that
- yes we generate the reports quite regularly and
- yes, from time to time we also fix findings found by the reports
- no, we do not usually run the reports locally as it is just to time
consuming when each developer does it on his one before he does any commits.

BTW:
Note that this is the Apache Directory ML and not the Lucene ML as you
mentioned within the subject.

Regards
Felix

[1]