directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <>
Subject Re: Do Lucene developers use FindBugs?
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:45:04 GMT
Hi Cesar

> I am a PhD student at UFMG, Brazil and as part of my research I am
> making a study  about the relevance of the warnings reported by the
> FindBugs bug finding tool.
> Since I am planning to use Directory as a subject system in my research,
> I would like to know if Directory's developers usually run FindBugs as
> part of the system  development process.

Yes, we do. You'll find the FindBugs reports [1] among other reports
generated during CI builds.

So it can be said that
- yes we generate the reports quite regularly and
- yes, from time to time we also fix findings found by the reports
- no, we do not usually run the reports locally as it is just to time
consuming when each developer does it on his one before he does any commits.

Note that this is the Apache Directory ML and not the Lucene ML as you
mentioned within the subject.

> Thanks in advance,
> Cesar Couto

View raw message