directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ASN.1] Thoughts about ASN.1 code
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:50:02 GMT
On 1/21/11 7:56 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Quick brain dump as I was refactoring yesterday.
>
> ASN1 API =>  shared-asn1-api
>     o some stuff old and useless, needs cleanup: i.e.
> stateful/stateless codec remnants
Yes. It has to be removed. The client-API does not use anymore those layers.

>     o some per class, per interface review and cleanup needed
That can be done.
>     o is it worth making some parts swappable? don't think so but might
> be worth a check
I think we won't rewrite a forth ASN.1 codec. Also it's possible to do
so without having to define a swaping layer, as the codec is added as a
MINA filter, thus defining a new codec is easy : simply define a new filter.
> ASN1 BER =>  shared-asn1-ber
>     o again has some old remnant code that needs cleanup
>     o some interfaces are here that can be exposed as SPI
>     o some stuff seems reusable regarding of encoding used like Value etc
>     o need to check dependencies, how much are we exposing and using
> from outside how much can we actually hide here
>     o BER/DER/CER flag for changing mode of operation?
to be checked. I'm available this afternoon if yu want to disuss those
cleanups.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,