directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ADS todo
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:03:10 GMT
Here is a list of tasks we need to complete on the server. All those
tasks have to be scheduled, some may even be postponed to a later release.
This is not a complete list of things to do, and we don't have to
complete all of them for a 2.0, I just collected them for us to have a
better idea about what we have to do. Feel free to add some tasks if I
have forgotten some.

Thanks !

h2. AdministrativePoint

    *

      implement an on the fly evaluation for entries

    *

      implement IAP support

    *

      implement SubSchema support

h2. Code review

    *

      review Trigger/SP code

    *

      review ACI code

    *

      Exception handling review

h2. Replication

    *

      Multi-Master implementation

    *

      OpenLDAP interoperability

    *

      tests

h2. Control implementation

    *

      VLV control

    *

      NoOp control

    *

      ProxiedAuthorization

    *

      ServerSide sort

    *

      TreeDelete

h2. Server features

    *

      TransactionManager

    *

      ChangeLog-Journal Merge

    *

      JMX integration

    *

      OSGi mplementation

    *

      Dynamic configuration

    *

      Search with virtual attributes in filter

    *

      Use one cache manager for everything

    *

      Added configurable matchingrules

    *

      Make the extension points OSGi bundles

    *

      Add an extended peration to reindex an attribute

    *

      Add an encrypted partition

    *

      Add protected attributes (not searchable)

    *

      Support for options and language tags

    *

      Value streaming

    *

      Support for dynamic log configuration

    *

      Implement Kerberos cross-realm authentification

    *

      Implement NameForm, DSR, DCR, MRU

    *

      Make partitions nestable

    *

      Support of Virtual attributes

h2. Backend

    *

      JE backend

    *

      Concurrent BTree backend

    *

      bulk load tooling

    *

      Add an entry cache

    *

      Add a tool to restore a crashed base

    *

      Integrate the HashBase backend

h2. Documentation & site

    *

      start ADS 2.0 documentation

    *

      update the site

    *

      Add a FAQ

    *

h2. Tests & Load tests

    *

      Setup a Slamd injector at The ASF

    *

      Create a matrix of tests to run on many servers

    *

      Conduct replication tests

--
Regards,