directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All projects folder in svn
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:50:37 GMT
On 1/19/11 4:39 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

>> Here we keep other branch specific svn:externals folders that
>> reference project branches in their respective areas under svn. We can
>> use a convention like<branch-name>-with-dependencies for such link
>> folders on branches. This may however be redundant, so maybe we can
>> just use the<branch-name>    by itself. It's already understood to be a
>> "link folder" because of it's location. WDYT?
>>
>> I'm wondering if we should not create a meta-project for apacheds. It's a bit painfull
to have to co trunk-wih-dependencies :/
> What is a meta-project?

Well, instead of having a trunk-with-dependencies in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/, I'd rather prefer
having a http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/trunk that points to all
the sub-projects. I guess that it's what you proposed with the generic
trunk.

Also the problem is that apacheds is the main project, but the
trunk-with-dependencies is also in apacheds, which is a bit troublesome
for new comers.
>> We should also require a branch log file in this branches folder to
>> chronicle what we've creates and deleted over time an why. Subversion
>> log will show this too so this may also be redundant but it's nice to
>> just see this info via http without having to run svn log or sift
>> through changes. WDYT?
>>
>> Well, I'd rather depend on svn logs. They will be up to date, all the time :)
>>
> This was something done before to know what was deleted. It helps a
> bit as an index in case you want to get back something u delete but
> cannot remember the name.
Yeah, but it's never updated, unless someone does a check on all the
commits, a painful task :/

--
Regards,
Cordialement,