directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Shared bundles update
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:50:40 GMT
On 1/17/11 2:39 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for converting the modules into bundles.
>
> I took some extra steps [1] [2] (the same ones as for the i18n modules) to make the bundle
fully compatible with Studio's build:
> - Generation of the MANIFEST.MF file in a top level META-INF folder (ignored by SVN)
> - Usage of ${project.property} instead of ${pom.property} for Maven 3 compliance
> - Removal of Bundle-Version directive which is inherited automatically from the project
version
> - Usage of ${project.name} as Bundle-Name (instead of ${project.artifactId})

great ! Can we have a page on the developper wiki explaining how to
bundle a module ?
> After fixing an issue with a wrong version used in Studio for Commons Lang (2.3 instead
of 2.5) I was able to replace Studio's libraries plugins of Shared by the OSGI-fied Shared
dependencies within Eclipse.
We probably need to check all the dependencies and see if there is no
new version before cutting a 2.0-M1

> Studio seems to work like a charm. :)
Yeah !!!
> I think we should also turn the 'all' module as a bundle. It's pretty easy and doesn't
harm to do it.
Let's do that.

We should also move the apacheds to bundle.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,