directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should modifications made on cn=schema stored on disk ?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:22:39 GMT
Hi,

I was wrong : the modifications done on cn=schema are persisted in
ou=schema.

It's a bit dirty, but when we update the schemaManager, we also call an
internal operation that updates the schema partition.

What puzzled me is that in this case, the changelog is activated only
for the first operation (there is a strange method called
isFirstOperation() which is used to know if we should store the entry in
the backend or not).

I'm still investigating the whole stuff...

On 1/14/11 9:58 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> I think it should.
>
> In the current state, does this mean that any modification done on ou=schema will not
be saved and will be lost if the server is rebooted?

> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>

> On 14 janv. 2011, at 09:03, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yesterday, as I was tracking an issue with the ChangeLog interceptor position in
the chain, I found that if we modify some schema element in ou=schema, we just update the
SchemaManager, but the modification is not stored on disk in ou=schema.

>> I think this is an error, but may be there is some rational in this behavior.
>>
>> Do you guys confirm that any modification made on ou=schema must be reflected by
a modification in cn=schema ?

>> FTR : ou=schema represents the in memory schema, normally instanciated at init time
after reading the on disk schema stored in cn=schema. It contains only the active schema elements,
not the disabled part of the disk schema.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,