directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should modifications made on cn=schema stored on disk ?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:23:55 GMT
On 1/14/11 9:58 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> I think it should.
>
> In the current state, does this mean that any modification done on ou=schema will not
be saved and will be lost if the server is rebooted?

No, modifications done on ou=schema are persisted on disk. Only the
modifications done on cn=schema are not persisted, AFAICT.

I'll create a JIRA and a test to demonstrate the issue.

Fixing it should not be a problem, it's just a a matter of converting
the schema element (which is passed using the schema element syntax) to
a meta-schema entry, and propagate it to the backend.

Remember that modifications to cn=schema are *not* allowed (it's a read
only data structure) from outside the server, but it's always possible
to modify the rootDSE subschemaSubentry attribute, as it contains all
the loaded schema element. This will, in fact, impact the cn=schema, as
it's just a LDAP exposition of the loaded schema.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,