directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Should modifications made on cn=schema stored on disk ?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:03:34 GMT
Hi,

yesterday, as I was tracking an issue with the ChangeLog interceptor
position in the chain, I found that if we modify some schema element in
ou=schema, we just update the SchemaManager, but the modification is not
stored on disk in ou=schema.

I think this is an error, but may be there is some rational in this
behavior.

Do you guys confirm that any modification made on ou=schema must be
reflected by a modification in cn=schema ?

FTR : ou=schema represents the in memory schema, normally instanciated
at init time after reading the on disk schema stored in cn=schema. It
contains only the active schema elements, not the disabled part of the
disk schema.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,