directory-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Strange errors when running tests in eclipse
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 20:31:56 GMT
Hello Emmanuel,

on which operating system are you developing ?

I think it is a bug of the JVM. Force the JVM to use temp dirs with not
so fancy directory names ( not all these + signs). This can be attained
by setting a JVM option
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/some/directory/with/not/a/fancy/name

I had errors like that working with Jetty on a Mac when running the unit
tests of CruiseControl and setting the tmpdir to be something more
"bland" was helping. The fancy names on Mac were introduced by Mac OS
10.5 or 10.6. See this Radar #6978682. on this page
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#releasenotes/Java/JavaLeopardUpdate4RN/ResolvedIssues/ResolvedIssues.html

Regards,

Antoine