directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lookup operation handling
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:41:21 GMT
On 1/11/11 6:29 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> +1, eventually if all the functionality in ExceptionInterceptor is
> moved out like this then we no longer need this interceptor

I have implemented this patch (plus many others !) and now my problem is
fixed. It was a bit more complex than what I decribed, and most of the
issue was my fault.

What happened is that I wasn't correctly handling the delete operation
followed by a lookup. In this case, the lookup is supposed to update the
entries it reaches, pointing to the subentries that selected them. But
when you delete a subentry, this reference has to be removed, something
I wasn't doing.

About the ExceptionInterceptor, yes, I think sooner or later se could
remove it completely. Let's create a JIRA for that.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,