directory-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: studio build and install on Win 64 bits
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:22:50 GMT
I tried this Apache Directory Studio.

First of all, it installs itself under C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache
Directory Studio\Apache Directory Studio.exe.

One expects a 64 bit app on Windows 7 to install under C:\Program Files
instead.

The next issue is that the program bails out immediately.

The error message shown in a popup is : "The Apache Directory Studio
executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library"

I started the program with Procmon.exe watching events to see what it is
trying to open but did not find out the name of the missing library.

Regards,

Antoine

On 1/10/2011 10:10 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Stefan, Antoine,
>
> I updated Studio to the latest Eclipse dependencies (Helios release, version 3.6.1) last
week.

> A Windows 64 Bit distribution of Apache Directory Studio is now available.
>
> Unfortunately I don't any machine/VM to test it.
>
> Do you mind trying it out?
>
> It is available at our nightly build Hudson job:
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/dir-studio-jdk16-osx-applications/
> Or, you can build it from Studio's current trunk (with 'win32-x86_64' maven profile activated).
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> PS: Don't pay attention to the Eclipse icon on the "Apache Directory Studio.exe" launcher
file. It's in the process of being replaced by a proper one in a couple of days.