directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Considering inverting the subtreeInterceptor and the collectiveAttributeInterceptor
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:10:49 GMT
Hi,

while working on the AP handling, I faced some issue today with the
search operation. The problem is that when we get back an entry from the
backend, we filter it to add or remove some attributes, and to accept or
not the entry. Usually, the following filters are executed :

1) collective filter
2) HideSubentriesFilter
3) SeqNumberUpdateFilter
4) TopFilter
5) DefaultAuthorizationFiler

(in the given order).

As we can see, the colelctive filter is executed first. It adds the
collective attributes if there is a subentry selecting the entry. The
problem is that at this point, we don't yet know if the entry is
associated with a subentry, as we expect the next filter
(SeqNumberUpdateFilter) to add the attribute containing the reference to
the subentry.

Bottom line, we don't have the collective attributes added to the entry
in this case.

There is one simple solution : inverting those two intecreptors in order
to have the subtreeInterceptor being executed before the
CollectiveAttributeInterceptor.

I don't think this could have any impact on the server, I will test that
in trunk.

I'll update you asap.

--
Regards,