directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ADS 2.0 : what, how and when?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:25:07 GMT
> Hmm, too bad. We need MMR. I overlooked that then. The question is : can
> we do the MMR between RC1 and RC2 ?

Concerning Betas and RCs:
"The term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to
be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this
stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed,
coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known
showstopper-class bug." [1]

IMO a RC is feature complete regarding the common definition. Maybe I'm
missing something, but if so this should go either into 1.5.x (IIUC the
1.5.x "releases" are a kind of "beta" for 2.0) or RC1.

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Release_candidate