directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Build cleaned for Maven 3
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:11:56 GMT
Hi Dev,

Just to let you know that I cleaned the pom.xml files from Studio's build, solving a lot of
warnings generated by Maven 3.
Mainly {groupId} found instead of {project.groupId} (and other similar patterns), as well
as duplicated dependencies and missing plugin versions.

There are still remaining warnings related to the use of expressions in the version tag.

For example:
> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for org.apache.directory.studio:org.xpp3.xpp3:jar:1.1.340
> [WARNING] 'version' contains an expression but should be a constant. @ org.apache.directory.studio:org.xpp3.xpp3:${org.xpp3.validversion},
/Users/pajbam/Development/Apache/Studio/libraries/org.xpp3.xpp3/pom.xml, line 30, column 12

But as this open JIRA [1], I consider these warning as being false positive and thus a Maven
bug.
I see no reason why an expression should not be used in a version tag.
This will probably be addressed in a future release.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4715