directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: All projects folder in svn
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:38:35 GMT
On 20 janv. 2011, at 10:10, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
> <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Trunks sounds pretty good to me too.
>>
>> I've checked out this and I'm now launching a new build with a clean M2 repo (all
previous 'directory' artifacts being removed).

>> The 'studio/libraries/shared' external link can go away I think now that we have
this top level element project.

> Just wondering if the refactoring still works. Can you give that a try
> in eclipse - I'm trying to make sure it works in IDEA.

The build went fine (24:34.715s).

I imported all projects in Eclipse and was able to launch Studio successfully. Refactoring
works fine and any change made on Shared is also applied on Studio.

There's a little problem with the generation of Eclipse project descriptors, though

Running "mvn eclipse:eclipse" at the root level works fine but running "mvn studio:eclipse"
(which generates Eclipse project descriptors for Studio via our 'studio-maven-plugin') fails
because 'studio' is not recognized at this level:
> [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'studio' in the current project and in the plugin
groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local
(/Users/pajbam/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the
following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/NoPluginFoundForPrefixException

It probably just need to be defined in the new top level pom. I'm going to try that.

In the meantime, it is required to go down one level to the 'studio' folder and execute the
command from there.

>> I'm wondering if we couldn't add a few profiles for building only a sub-section of
this giant checkout (apacheds only, or shared+apacheds together for example).