directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: studio build and install on Win 64 bits
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:58:05 GMT
Hi again Antoine,

Both issues should now be fixed in trunk.

I also forced the regeneration of the distributions on the Hudson machine.

If you're still willing to test it out, this new version should work better I think.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 11 janv. 2011, at 15:05, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> On 1/11/2011 8:38 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>>
>> Hi Antoine,
>>
>> On 11 janv. 2011, at 14:22, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>>
>>> I tried this Apache Directory Studio.
>>
>> Thanks for taking a few minutes to test it.
>>
>>> First of all, it installs itself under C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Directory
Studio\Apache Directory Studio.exe.

>> I guess you didn't add the '(x86)' string in the installer yourself...
>> Was it specified in the text field when you selected the install path?
> Yes, the (x86) was part of the default. On Windows 7, installers for 32 bit apps put
them by default under C:\Program Files (x86), and installers for 64 bits apps put them under
C:\Program Files.

>>> One expects a 64 bit app on Windows 7 to install under C:\Program Files instead.
>>
>> It should have.
>> Looks an issue related to the NSIS utility we are using to create the installer.

(x86) while $PROGRAMFILES64 points to C:\Program Files. Use $PROGRAMFILES64 when installing
x64 applications.

>> Easy to fix... :)
>>
>>> The next issue is that the program bails out immediately.
>>>
>>> The error message shown in a popup is : "The Apache Directory Studio executable
launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library"

>>> I started the program with Procmon.exe watching events to see what it is trying
to open but did not find out the name of the missing library.

>> I wished I had set up the proper set of plugins on the first shot, but it's hard
when you're doing things blindly...