directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: All projects folder in svn
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:58:30 GMT

On 19 janv. 2011, at 23:14, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 1/19/11 9:09 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>>
>>> Exactly! The idea is to remove this and have a single one. I don't care if
>>> it's:
>>>
>>> (1) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunk
>>> (2) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks
>>> (3) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/all-trunks
>>> (4) http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/all
>>>
>>> I just wanted to inform y'all about it or agree upon it together and
>>> set it up. I could just set it up and we can change it if need be.
>>> Then we can all check out from here to have all the trunk projects in
>>> scope. Another question might be why do we need to do this all of a
>>> sudden?
>>
>> It doesn't matter too much. At this point, it will provide a single point
>> where to get all the sources from, and this is good.
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks sounds OK.
>
> OK I created this one so we can get started on the refactoring
> tomorrow. However there's one issue that perhaps Pierre might lend a
> hand with.
>
> I noties that studio/libraries/shared exists as an external link. I'm
> wondering how the studio build can cope with getting rid of this so we
> might just have shared at the top level as a peer folder of studio?
>
> Thoughts?

Trunks sounds pretty good to me too.

I've checked out this and I'm now launching a new build with a clean M2 repo (all previous
'directory' artifacts being removed).

The 'studio/libraries/shared' external link can go away I think now that we have this top
level element project.

I'm wondering if we couldn't add a few profiles for building only a sub-section of this giant
checkout (apacheds only, or shared+apacheds together for example).