directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject Re: All projects folder in svn
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:58:30 GMT

On 19 janv. 2011, at 23:14, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> <> wrote:
>> On 1/19/11 9:09 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>> Exactly! The idea is to remove this and have a single one. I don't care if
>>> it's:
>>> (1)
>>> (2)
>>> (3)
>>> (4)
>>> I just wanted to inform y'all about it or agree upon it together and
>>> set it up. I could just set it up and we can change it if need be.
>>> Then we can all check out from here to have all the trunk projects in
>>> scope. Another question might be why do we need to do this all of a
>>> sudden?
>> It doesn't matter too much. At this point, it will provide a single point
>> where to get all the sources from, and this is good.
>> sounds OK.
> OK I created this one so we can get started on the refactoring
> tomorrow. However there's one issue that perhaps Pierre might lend a
> hand with.
> I noties that studio/libraries/shared exists as an external link. I'm
> wondering how the studio build can cope with getting rid of this so we
> might just have shared at the top level as a peer folder of studio?
> Thoughts?

Trunks sounds pretty good to me too.

I've checked out this and I'm now launching a new build with a clean M2 repo (all previous
'directory' artifacts being removed).

The 'studio/libraries/shared' external link can go away I think now that we have this top
level element project.

I'm wondering if we couldn't add a few profiles for building only a sub-section of this giant
checkout (apacheds only, or shared+apacheds together for example).

>>> The idea is svn log, logs everything. It might be nice not to see a
>>> lot of log messages and save some bandwidth by just listing your
>>> deleted branch when done with it into this file.
>> I know. The file has been updated last year, but I was the only one to do
>> so. I'm pretty sure that it will be the same in the future, and even me, I'm
>> quite sure I'll forgot to add the branches I delete :)
> Yeah I hear ya - I'm going to follow this convention myself and you
> will not be the only one. If it does not work out no big deal we can
> just delete the file and abandon if you like.
> --
> Alex Karasulu
> My Blog ::
> Apache Directory Server ::