directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Should modifications made on cn=schema stored on disk ?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:58:41 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I think it should.

In the current state, does this mean that any modification done on ou=schema will not be saved
and will be lost if the server is rebooted?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 14 janv. 2011, at 09:03, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yesterday, as I was tracking an issue with the ChangeLog interceptor position in the
chain, I found that if we modify some schema element in ou=schema, we just update the SchemaManager,
but the modification is not stored on disk in ou=schema.

> I think this is an error, but may be there is some rational in this behavior.
>
> Do you guys confirm that any modification made on ou=schema must be reflected by a modification
in cn=schema ?

> FTR : ou=schema represents the in memory schema, normally instanciated at init time after
reading the on disk schema stored in cn=schema. It contains only the active schema elements,
not the disabled part of the disk schema.