On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/13/10 6:25 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 12/13/10 5:55 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Stefan
Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>wrote:

Thoughts?

+1

I thought about making the partitionPath a URL but just saw your email.
Consistency is good but why is using a URL so complex?
I have the same question. Using an URL for files is as simple as
file:://blah...

Any hidden complexity ?
No, except that I never know if I have to add two or three slashes to
file:/// ;-)

Ok, then lets try to use an URL. But we can't use the java.net.URL
class because it isn't possible to create an URL object from
"jdbc:...". So I suggest to use either java.net.URI (my preference)
java.net.URI is the way to go, AFAIK

+1

--
Alex Karasulu