On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
On 6 déc. 2010, at 18:18, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 12/6/10 6:00 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> On 6 déc. 2010, at 17:32, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>> Also as Kiran pointed out in his response, what if the contained elements are kept in a single attribute like this ads-compositeElement ?
>> AFAIR, the 'ads-compositeElement' was introduced as kind of "quick hack" to ease the work on the reader class. I really think we can get rid of it easily with the annotation system.
> ads-compositeElement has been created at the origin as a way to tell the reader that the element is a composite element. The reader was supposed to be completely generic, ie the java Beans could have been generated automatically (except that because it requires the development of a maven plugin, something I didn't want to do).
>
> Now that you have defined some @, sure this is redondant, but if someone decide to define a reader/writer in another language, then this element is probably necessary.

I see, good point.

It's indeed necessary in that particular case.

Thanks for the clarification Emmanuel.

There can be other ways to do this that are much more intuitive when we eventually get to the point of defining a mechanism for object LDAP persistence.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org