directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shared-ldap-jndi module : is it useful ?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:08:41 GMT
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> On 12/13/10 5:53 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> This may be something we can just toss. Also shared-ldap is getting
>> seriously huge: we need to figure out something with respect to this
>> before
>> a 1.0.
>>

> Yeah, there is some reorganization to do. Right now, we have 7 remaining
> issues for shared, I'm trying to get them d-fixed, and then we can start
> discussing about a new round of module reorg. Shared is way too big atm...
>
> Also keep in mind that we would like to merge shared and API, and there is
> nothing against having a shared-client-api module which can be loaded
> separately if needed.
>
> Let's keep it aside atm, it's not urgent, but we can't release a 1.0 before
> we have had this discussion anyway.

Great. We can discuss this then and handle this jndi module as well.

Just for the record someone (don't remember who) recommend creating separate
modules to break things up into discrete units while having a shared-all
conglomeration. Same for apacheds was pointed out. I think this is the way
we should go.

Again we can discuss it when it's in scope.

Regards,
--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org