directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usage of Sequence numbers to manage AP updates
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:15:57 GMT
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:26 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/16/10 8:44 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> <snip/>
>>> So we need 4 SeqNumbers, to manage the AccessControl,
>>> CollectiveAttribute,
>>> TriggerExecution and SubSchema roles.
>>>
>>> It's not really a big deal, as all those seqNumber will be updated only
>>> once
>>> per entry.
>>
>> can we use a bit string with 128 bits, so that it can be represented
>> as a single ATAV
>> or is it gonna be a overhead?
>
> We can. I was actually thinking about using a list of long instead, but
> frankly, I think it's easier to have 4 different ATs : when we will havz to
> debug the stuff, trust me, being able to track the AccessControlSeqNumber
> evolution only, it will be way easier than finding this value inside a 128
> bits long BitString...

agree on the debugging view, how about having a helper class which we
can use for
this debugging purpose (like the kerberos's TicketFlags class), note
that this is just an idea,
need not be exactly the same, your call as you know the best thing
that works in this complex AP
solution :)

--
Kiran Ayyagari