directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Switch the 'default' property value of the LDIF Editor extension to 'false'
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:49:30 GMT
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Dev,
> I'm facing an interesting issue in the writing of the Apache DS 2.0
> Configuration Editor.
> As the ApacheDS' configuration is now based on an LDIF file, Studio's LDIF
> Editor always show up when opening the 'config.ldif' file from disk.
> This is due to the fact that the 'default' property value is set to 'true'
> in the LDIF Editor extension definition.
> It is defined as is in the following file, '[Studio
> Checkout]/plugins/ldifeditor/plugin.xml':
>
>   <extension
>          point="org.eclipse.ui.editors">
>     <editor
>           class="org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.editor.LdifEditor"
>
> contributorClass="org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.editor.LdifEditorContributor"
> ======>   default="true"
>           extensions="ldif, ldiflog"
>           icon="resources/icons/ldifeditor.gif"
>           id="%Editor_LdifEditor_id"
>           name="%Editor_LdifEditor_name"/>
>    </extension>
>
> I'd like to pass this value to "false" in order to allow the ApacheDS 2.0
> Configuration Editor to be opened specifically if the filename is
> 'config.ldif'.
hmm, this might confuse users who are connecting to other servers(and
they have accidentally trying
to open their custom ldif file named 'config.ldif' ).

Can we have a "Open With" or something similar tab to open the config
file with different editor?

P.S:- This open a custom editor if file name is 'config.ldif' reminds
me of classing linux windowing
         environments which sometimes *hard* to predict why they are
crashing or behaving
         differently. It turns out, that it is due to some casing of
letter names of a file or other
         but leave no clue to the user about what it is expecting.

--
Kiran Ayyagari