directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Adding annotations to Configuration beans
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:25:17 GMT
On 6 déc. 2010, at 18:18, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 12/6/10 6:00 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> On 6 déc. 2010, at 17:32, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>> Also as Kiran pointed out in his response, what if the contained elements are
kept in a single attribute like this ads-compositeElement ?
>> AFAIR, the 'ads-compositeElement' was introduced as kind of "quick hack" to ease
the work on the reader class. I really think we can get rid of it easily with the annotation
system.
> ads-compositeElement has been created at the origin as a way to tell the reader that
the element is a composite element. The reader was supposed to be completely generic, ie the
java Beans could have been generated automatically (except that because it requires the development
of a maven plugin, something I didn't want to do).

> Now that you have defined some @, sure this is redondant, but if someone decide to define
a reader/writer in another language, then this element is probably necessary.

I see, good point.

It's indeed necessary in that particular case.

Thanks for the clarification Emmanuel.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> It will just be an annoyance for people who will use @ instead, and forgot to add this
ads-compositeElement AT in the entries that need it. I wouls suggest that you relax the writer/reader
to take care of this case if an @ is used instead.