directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject APs refactoring heads up
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 07:04:42 GMT
Hi,

here is a quick heads up about the AP refactoring.

So far, the Add, Delete and Lookup operation has been completed, if we
except the impact this refactoring has on the
CollectiveAttributeInterceptor, the ACIAuthorizationIntecerptor and the
TriggerExecutionInterceptor. Basically, we now inject the subentry
entryUUID into each entry being selected by a subentry
SubtreeSpecification, but as the given interceptor expect a DN pointing
to the subentry, we still have to process the UUID to find the
associated Subentry.

Otherwise, the remaining operation (search, list, modify, move, rename,
move&rename and compare) are still to be processed. The search operation
is already coded, but not tested.

Tests have been written to prove that the lookup operation correctly
update the read entries, which leads to some deep refactoring in the
first drop of code I committed. he good news is that the base idea still
holds, the main problem was the implementation which was a bit brittle
at the origin (well, pretty much understandable, any idea need some
refinement when facing the reality :).

I expect the time taken to finish this refactoring to 2 weeks, tests
included.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,