directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pb while reverting subentry operations
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:29:43 GMT
On 12/27/10 6:57 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as I'm adding some tests for the AP and subentry operations, I'm having some
>> issues with the revert operation.
>>
>> For instance, adding a new subentry implies the AP seqNumber will be
>> incremented. When we revert the addition, we have to decrement the
>> SeqNumber, but as it's an OperationalAttribute with a NoUserModification AT
>> set to true, this modification fails.
>>
>> I was able to workaround the problem in the code by bypassing the
>> interceptors, as I was dealing with this AT from the server itself, but the
>> revert is done from outside of the server.
>>
>> How can we solve this issue ?
>> - Add a specific check for this AT, and allow a modification done when it's
>> done by an admin user during a revert operation ?
> this is the preferred way to go, similar type of checks are added for
> some unmodified
> ATs like entryUUID, all these are present in the SchemaInterceptor
The difference being that once created, the entryUUID will *never*
change. The seqNumber will be modified every time we will update some
subentry.

The modifyTimestamp though can be modified (I don't know if it's a
REPLACE or a delete/add operation), and has a no-user-modification field
set to true. I have to check how this is handled...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,