directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Pb while reverting subentry operations
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 16:57:16 GMT
Hi,

as I'm adding some tests for the AP and subentry operations, I'm having
some issues with the revert operation.

For instance, adding a new subentry implies the AP seqNumber will be
incremented. When we revert the addition, we have to decrement the
SeqNumber, but as it's an OperationalAttribute with a NoUserModification
AT set to true, this modification fails.

I was able to workaround the problem in the code by bypassing the
interceptors, as I was dealing with this AT from the server itself, but
the revert is done from outside of the server.

How can we solve this issue ?
- Add a specific check for this AT, and allow a modification done when
it's done by an admin user during a revert operation ?
- Simply let an Admin user to modify the AT ?
- Ditch the NoUserModification from this AT, but allow it to be modified
by an admin only, in the code ?
- Simply remove the NoUserModification in the SeqNumber AT ?

Right now, my favorite is #3, but I will currently implement #4 atm.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,