directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of Sequence numbers to manage AP updates
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:26:43 GMT
On 12/16/10 8:44 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>> <snip/>
>> So we need 4 SeqNumbers, to manage the AccessControl, CollectiveAttribute,
>> TriggerExecution and SubSchema roles.
>>
>> It's not really a big deal, as all those seqNumber will be updated only once
>> per entry.
> can we use a bit string with 128 bits, so that it can be represented
> as a single ATAV
> or is it gonna be a overhead?
We can. I was actually thinking about using a list of long instead, but
frankly, I think it's easier to have 4 different ATs : when we will havz
to debug the stuff, trust me, being able to track the
AccessControlSeqNumber evolution only, it will be way easier than
finding this value inside a 128 bits long BitString...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,