directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject AP roles : should we support SubSchema in 2.0
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:38:19 GMT
Hi,

currently we are supporting the following roles :
- AccessControl
- CollectiveAttributes
- TriggerExecution
- SubSchema

The last one is just present, but we don't do anything with it. The
rational for such a role is to define 'namespaces' (kindof), ie some DIT
areas with a dedicated schema. This would be interesting as we might use
more than one schema in a single server.

The problem is that the server does not support more than one server.

I would suggest we don't manage SubSchema in the next version, as I'm
pretty sure no one out there will need such a feature any time soon.

Wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,