directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject shared-ldap-jndi module : is it useful ?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:44:22 GMT
Hi guys,

we currently have a shared-ldap-jndi module containing two classes :
- JndiUtils
- UniversalContextFactory

The fist one of those class is duplicated in shared-ldap, as we need
many of the methods it contains for the SP sub-system. We can't remove
it from shared-ldap, as shared-ldap-jndi depends on shared-ldap.

I'm now wondering if it makes sense to have a separate module for JNDI,
and if it wouldn't be better to merge it back into shared-ldap ?

I'm just asking as I'm trying to solve
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSHARED-67. The fact is that we
still need JNDI inside the server, and we won't be able soon to get
totally rid of it.

thoughts ?

PS : Even if one thinks we should keep the module separated, I'll remove
the JndiUtils class from it as it's a complete duplication from the one
we have in shared-ldap.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,