directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject shared-ldap-jndi module : is it useful ?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:44:22 GMT
Hi guys,

we currently have a shared-ldap-jndi module containing two classes :
- JndiUtils
- UniversalContextFactory

The fist one of those class is duplicated in shared-ldap, as we need
many of the methods it contains for the SP sub-system. We can't remove
it from shared-ldap, as shared-ldap-jndi depends on shared-ldap.

I'm now wondering if it makes sense to have a separate module for JNDI,
and if it wouldn't be better to merge it back into shared-ldap ?

I'm just asking as I'm trying to solve The fact is that we
still need JNDI inside the server, and we won't be able soon to get
totally rid of it.

thoughts ?

PS : Even if one thinks we should keep the module separated, I'll remove
the JndiUtils class from it as it's a complete duplication from the one
we have in shared-ldap.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message