directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Switch the 'default' property value of the LDIF Editor extension to 'false'
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:34:58 GMT
On 12/10/10 4:28 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Dev,
>
> I'm facing an interesting issue in the writing of the Apache DS 2.0 Configuration Editor.
>
> As the ApacheDS' configuration is now based on an LDIF file, Studio's LDIF Editor always
show up when opening the 'config.ldif' file from disk.

> This is due to the fact that the 'default' property value is set to 'true' in the LDIF
Editor extension definition.

> It is defined as is in the following file, '[Studio Checkout]/plugins/ldifeditor/plugin.xml':
>>    <extension
>>           point="org.eclipse.ui.editors">
>>      <editor
>>            class="org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.editor.LdifEditor"
>>            contributorClass="org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.editor.LdifEditorContributor"
>> ======>    default="true"
>>            extensions="ldif, ldiflog"
>>            icon="resources/icons/ldifeditor.gif"
>>            id="%Editor_LdifEditor_id"
>>            name="%Editor_LdifEditor_name"/>
>>     </extension>
> I'd like to pass this value to "false" in order to allow the ApacheDS 2.0 Configuration
Editor to be opened specifically if the filename is 'config.ldif'.

> The LDIF Editor will continue to be opened for any LDIF file except if the name of the
file is 'config.ldif'.

+1. Go for it.

Just a question : what if a tab is added with the config.ldif file
exposed as LDIF ?--

Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny