directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding annotations to Configuration beans
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:18:24 GMT
On 12/6/10 6:00 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> On 6 déc. 2010, at 17:32, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> Also as Kiran pointed out in his response, what if the contained elements are kept
in a single attribute like this ads-compositeElement ?
> AFAIR, the 'ads-compositeElement' was introduced as kind of "quick hack" to ease the
work on the reader class. I really think we can get rid of it easily with the annotation system.
ads-compositeElement has been created at the origin as a way to tell the
reader that the element is a composite element. The reader was supposed
to be completely generic, ie the java Beans could have been generated
automatically (except that because it requires the development of a
maven plugin, something I didn't want to do).

Now that you have defined some @, sure this is redondant, but if someone
decide to define a reader/writer in another language, then this element
is probably necessary.

It will just be an annoyance for people who will use @ instead, and
forgot to add this ads-compositeElement AT in the entries that need it.
I wouls suggest that you relax the writer/reader to take care of this
case if an @ is used instead.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,