directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Switch the 'default' property value of the LDIF Editor extension to 'false'
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:28:32 GMT
Hi Dev,

I'm facing an interesting issue in the writing of the Apache DS 2.0 Configuration Editor.

As the ApacheDS' configuration is now based on an LDIF file, Studio's LDIF Editor always show
up when opening the 'config.ldif' file from disk.

This is due to the fact that the 'default' property value is set to 'true' in the LDIF Editor
extension definition.

It is defined as is in the following file, '[Studio Checkout]/plugins/ldifeditor/plugin.xml':

>   <extension
>          point="org.eclipse.ui.editors">
>     <editor
>           class="org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.editor.LdifEditor"
>           contributorClass="org.apache.directory.studio.ldifeditor.editor.LdifEditorContributor"
> ======>   default="true"
>           extensions="ldif, ldiflog"
>           icon="resources/icons/ldifeditor.gif"
>           id="%Editor_LdifEditor_id"
>           name="%Editor_LdifEditor_name"/>
>    </extension>

I'd like to pass this value to "false" in order to allow the ApacheDS 2.0 Configuration Editor
to be opened specifically if the filename is 'config.ldif'.

The LDIF Editor will continue to be opened for any LDIF file except if the name of the file
is 'config.ldif'.

Any objection?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud